marți, 2 august 2016

The athlete who tweeted his Olympic dream ... and 5 years later has become a reality

When he was 17, he had a dream: to go to the Olympics someday. His goal was the appointment of Rio, in 2016, but knew it would be very difficult to be. She was just one more athlete in the most competitive country in the world: the United States .

For motivation, he wrote a tweet on July 28, 2011 in which he said the following: "In 2016 I will have 22 years, I will graduate at a university that have not yet chosen and will go to the Olympics :).

Five years later, his tweet could not be more prophetic: Morolake Akinosun has graduated from the University of Texas and in a few days will fly to Brazil to join the Olympic expedition of his country, which he will defend in the test of relief 4x100.

The twit 2011 has become a phenomenon and is being retweeted by thousands of users. "When I wrote it , it was more a dream than a real aspiration , " says Morolake in an interview with Buzzfeed. "A goal should be realistic, but in 2011 was far from the level needed to start thinking about the Olympic games."

Now, it only a few days left to be Olympic. "When I crossed the finish line in Eugene (in the race that qualified him for the Olympics), not I could not believe it , I realized that I had done it and I started cry".

The athlete had completely forgotten his tweet until the Timehop ​​application that reminds users messages from the past, it showed again. "I saw it and thought 'this is crazy . '"

Morolake shared his discovery with his followers to the next tweet, which already has over 160,000 retweets:


"5 years ago I tweeted this. We are in 2016, I graduated from Texas in December. I'm going to the Olympics next week ".

"I want to tell girls that if they have a dream, pursue it, no matter how large, no matter what people think. Is yours, go for it " , says the athlete. A lesson.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu